Basic Requirements of Registering a Private Limited Company
In India one of the most popular business structures among the startups is the private limited company. This is because the private limited company provides the multiple benefits of limited liability, separate legal entity, ease of transferability, perpetual succession etc to its promoters. In order to get the private limited company registered in India there is complete step by step procedure that is required to be followed by you. But you can only start the procedures of private limited company registration in India if you fulfill the basic requirements first. In order to promote more and more aspiring entrepreneurs to start their own company the ministry of corporate affairs has made certain changes in these requirements. Here we take a look at the detailed requirements for registering the private limited company in India.
In order to start the private limited company in India the below-mentioned number of directors and members are required-
- Minimum 2 and maximum 15 directors
- At least one of the directors must be mandatorily the Indian citizen and the Indian residence. But there is no restriction on other partners thus the others partners can be foreign nationals.
- The 2 people acting the shareholder of the company who can be a natural person or an artificial entity.
Note – The same persons can act as the director and the shareholder of the company.
In order to register a private limited company in India the below mentioned documents of the proposed directors and the registered address proof the company must be submitted.
Indian directors and shareholders documents
- PAN Card
- The copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License
- The copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
- DIN and DSC of directors and the shareholders.
Foreign directors and Shareholders
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License
- Copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- Passport-sized photograph
- Digital Signature certificate and the Directors identification number.
For the registered office address proof of proposed company
- The copy of latest electricity bill/ water bill/ gas bill/ phone bill not older than 2 months.
- The copy of notarized rental agreement in English language.
- The copy of rental receipt.
- Copy of sales deed in English
- The copy of no-objection certificate form the owner of property