Private Limited Company is one of the most popular business structures in India due to the number of benefits associated with this structure. Any person desiring to incorporate private limited company is required to take of the certain basic requirements. The basic requirements to start the private limited company in India comprises of the requirements of directors and members along with the documents required for private limited company registration in India. It is important to collect all the requirements prior to the starting the private limited company in order to skip the hurdles. Through the course we will take a comprehensive look at the basic requirements for company registration in India.
The general requirements for starting the private limited company in India include the number of directors and members in a company. Here are the requirements-
- Minimum 2 and maximum 15 directors
- One director out of all the directors should be an Indian Resident mandatorily. However, such condition does not apply to other directors thus other directors can also be foreign nationals.
- At least two persons should be there acting as a shareholder. The shareholder can be natural person or it can also be an artificial person.
Note – The same persons can act as the director and the shareholder of the company.
In order to register a private limited company in India the below mentioned documents of the proposed directors and the registered address proof the company must be submitted.
Indian directors and shareholders documents
- PAN Card
- The copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License
- The copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
- DIN and DSC of directors and the shareholders.
Foreign directors and Shareholders
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License
- Copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- Passport-sized photograph
- Digital Signature certificate and the Directors identification number.
For the registered office address proof of proposed company
- The copy of latest electricity bill/ water bill/ gas bill/ phone bill not older than 2 months.
- The copy of notarized rental agreement in English language.
- The copy of rental receipt.
- Copy of sales deed in English
- The copy of no-objection certificate form the owner of property
After fulfilling all the above mentioned requirements you are finally ready to start your own private limited company in India. To know more about the process of private limited company registration in India you can always feel free to connect with Lawdef.